Kingdom Basketball COVID-19 Guidelines
Please note: Guidelines may change based on CDC and Harris County recommendations. Please check back frequently for updates.
UPDATED EVERY MONDAY
Health Pre-Screening Self Check
Tallowood Kingdom Basketball will be practicing Pre-Screening Health Checks with all staff and volunteers. It is recommended that Self Checks be done with your child(ren) as well. Below is a helpful Pre-Screening Self Check along with a link to the CDC's recommendations.
Has a family member (or someone in your household) experienced any of the
following symptoms in the past 48 hours:
fever or chills
shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
muscle or body aches
new loss of taste or smell
congestion or runny nose
nausea or vomiting
Within the past 14 days, been in close physical contact (6 feet or closer for at least 15 minutes) with a person who is known to have laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 or with anyone who has any symptoms consistent with COVID-19?
Are you or a family member isolating or quarantining because you may have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 or are worried that you may be sick with COVID-19?
Are you currently waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test?
Did you answer NO to ALL questions?
What Do I Do If I Test Positive?
Whether you are a coach, KBB Staff (scorekeeper, referee) or player, if you test positive with COVID-19, we ask that you follow the guidelines set by the CDC for everyone's safety and your own health. Please click here to visit the CDC's webpage on testing positive with COVID-19.
Guidelines During Practices and Games
Tallowood Kingdom Basketball will follow ALL recommendations provided by Harris County and the CDC for practices and games during th 2021 Season. Tallowood Kingdom Basketball will do its best to have a clean and safe environment in compliance with Federal, State and local authorities guidelines.
Please Note: Entrance to practice and game locations will require temperature checks. Hand sanitizer will be provided at entrances for your safety. No admittance to practice or games without a mask.
No masks while playing, but required when sitting on the bench.
Social distancing on the bench is advised.
Hand sanitizer will be provided for players (teams).
Coach, Referees and Scorekeeper guidelines
Masks will be required at all times, while on the sidelines.
Referees, no masks while actively involved on the court, but required at all other times.
Currently Harris County recommends only 20% occupancy at sporting events. Taking into consideration - players, coaches, referees and scorekeepers space will be limited for spectators. We understand the hardship this causes, however we must comply with Harris County Guidelines in order to have a league in 2021.
We advise spectators 65 years old or older not attend practices or games for their safety.
Each spectator must wear a mask at all times.
Only 1 spectator (= 1 human being) per player will be allowed to stay and watch the game.
A Spectator is defined as:Adult, Sibling, Grandparent, Step-Parent, Guardian, Aunt, Uncle, Friend, Baby, etc.; each equals 1 human being
If spectator leaves the gym, they will not be allowed re-entry.
Each spectator must bring their own chair and social distance at a minimum of 6 feet.
Why Only 1 Spectator Per Player?
Kingdom Basketball understands that basketball league games is a great family event gathering and in most cases we encourage it. However, this year, with COVID-19, we are complying with the recommendations of the CDC and Harris County so we may have a 2021 Basketball Season.
The 1 to 1 ratio has been put into place because:
1. Guidelines of the gym facilities KBB utilizes for its games. Many of the facilities have
stringent guidelines of only 1 or no spectators.
2. There must be consistency (fairness) at all locations.
3. Houston's sports event guidelines are at 20-25% of capacity for spectators. For the size of
most gym KBB utilizes, that is 1 spectator per 1 player, coaches, referees and KBB staff.
Suggestions for Sharing Game Play Virtually
1. Spectator can video the game and share with family members
2. FaceTime with those family members to share the experience in real time
3. Utilize an app, like Periscope, to live stream and record game play
INTERRUPTED SEASON REFUND POLICY
1. In the event the season is interrupted, cancelled, or disrupted due to no fault of Tallowood Kingdom Basketball, the Sports Ministry will refund 75% of registration fees (Expenses incurred in preparation for the season include jerseys, medals, facility rental commitments, program staff expenses, payment processing fees, background checks) on a prorated basis.
2. In the event the rental gyms utilize are closed or unavailable due to no fault of Tallowood Kingdom Basketball, the Tallowood Kingdom Basketball Ministry will work towards a resolution. But, in the event space/gyms are not available, the registrant is aware the program may be disrupted or games cancelled. (see #1 above).
3. The current cancellation policy up to December 15th is located on the Registration Page.
4. In the event a parent/guardian decides to cancel or has a player quit after December 15, 2020, there will be no refund.